News & Events
NCJAR’s Community Outreach Committee exceeded their MEND Healthy Food Drive Goal for Essex County with more than $750 in healthy food drive donations. On behalf of NCJAR President Jairo Rodriquez and NCJAR Trustee and Chairperson Mary Ellen O’Boyle, thank you to all who donated and helped our communities. A special thank you to NCJAR Member Dyanna Moon, of Weichert Realtors® in Maplewood, for being a great team leader!
Thank you all for your kind work in this effort!
On Thursday, June 24th, NCJAR’s expert panelists discussed Coming Soon, Open House Restrictions, Exclusives, Clear Cooperation, Antitrust and more, followed by an informative Q&A session. Thank you to our brokers and managers who contributed their questions and participated in the event. We look forward to your participation and input on future webinars.
Expert Panelists: Gary Large, Director-North Central Jersey School of Business, William Hanley, NJR® Past President, Broker, and NCJAR Trustee; Jeff Dollinger, Esq., NCJAR Counsel; Bob Kimpland, GSMLS Executive Director
Facilitated by: Jairo Rodriguez, NCJAR 2021 President
As the weather warms and pandemic restrictions ease across much of the country, the U.S. housing market shows little sign of cooling. Robust buyer demand, fueled by low mortgage rates, continues to outpace supply, which remains near historic lows. Nationwide, inventory remains much lower than it was at this time last year, and sales prices are surging as a result.
- Single Family Closed Sales were up 36.2 percent to 2,260.
- Townhouse-Condo Closed Sales were up 70.6 percent to 587.
- Adult Communities Closed Sales were up 43.2 percent to 53.
- Single Family Median Sales Price increased 24.1 percent to $499,000.
- Townhouse-Condo Median Sales Price increased 15.8 percent to $315,000.
- Adult Communities Median Sales Price increased 19.0 percent to $375,000.
In observance of the holiday, NCJAR board offices will close at 1:00 pm on Friday, July 2, and be closed on Monday, July 5, 2021. We will reopen at our regular business hours on Tuesday, July 6, 2021(9:00 am - 4:30 pm M-F). If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Have a Happy & Safe Holiday Weekend
YPN Habitat for Humanity Build
NCJAR's Young Professionals Network would like to thank those who participated at our YPN Habitat Build on Friday, June 9th. Here are some highlights from our NCJAR 2021 President, Jairo Rodriguez and volunteers.
Away from the office? You won’t miss a beat.
RPR Mobile makes you productive from anywhere!
In this 45 minute webinar, you’ll see the RPR Mobile in action and:
- Take a tour of the app and explore RPR’s dynamic data
- Answer client questions no matter where you are
- Learn how to locate and preview properties
- Discover how to quickly send reports to clients via text or email
Are you ready to dial-in your prospecting with RPR?
Use RPR to dig for leads
In this 45 minute webinar, you’ll see examples and step-by-by step instructions on how to effectively farm for prospects by:
- Hear how other REALTORS® are using RPR
- Explore searching and saving popular search types
- See how to research any property and its history
- Review the detailed reports and how to customize them for your clients
Join NCJAR’s Global Council on Wednesday, June 30th at 10am on Zoom for a FREE Webinar with Asociación de Agentes y Empresas Inmobiliarias De La Republica Dominicanan presented by Iselys Almanzar of Keller Williams-DR and Rafael Gonzalez of Cabin Brokers | Jarabacoa.
Global Business Chat: Featuring Regions of Santiago, Puerto Plata and Jarabacoa as mountain destination in the Dominican Republic
When & Where: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 (10am-11am) on Zoom - Register Now
You will learn:
- DR History & General Info.
- Learn about the real estate market in DR regions of Santiago, Puerto Plata and Jarabacoa as the mountain destination in the Dominican Republic.
- The Buying Process and Business Opportunities in the DR.
In ALL real estate advertising whether to the public or to fellow agents there are rules to be followed and clarity in wording to avoid misrepresentation.
It's really very simple..... We have NJREC rules and regulations, and we have our Code of Ethics Article 12.
NJREC Advertising Rule 11/5-6.4 states that in all advertising in All MEDIA the following must be adhered to:
- Company name must be predominately larger or in bolder print then the agent's name or the team's name.
- Main office phone number (must be legible size from a distance)
- If there is an agent's name in the ad, then the license status of the agent must be next to their name — ex: Mary Smith, Salesperson, or Mary Smith, Broker-Salesperson.
For the second year, New Jersey Realtors® will be hosting a Virtual Trenton Day event. This year we are pleased to announce Gov. Phil Murphy will address membership on June. 21 at 4 p.m. We hope you will join us for this interesting and productive conversation, open to only New Jersey Realtors®. Interested in asking Gov. Murphy a question? At the conclusion of the conversation, he’ll be answering member questions.
Gov. Phil Murphy will address membership on June. 21 at 4 p.m on Zoom