NCJAR’S COMMITMENT TO RAISING FOOD DONATIONS THROUGH OUR MEMBER OFFICES IS ON-GOING ALL YEAR. NCJAR HAS RAISED/CONTRIBUTED OVER 10,000 POUNDS OF FOOD TO VARIOUS FOOD BANKS IN MORRIS, ESSEX AND UNION COUNTIES.
- Each office commits to donating 50 lbs or more of food twice per year
- One member of each office is in charge of collecting food donations and dropping off to one of the four board locations or calling one of the community service committee members to pick up food
- Food donations are distributed to food banks in Morris, Essex, and Union counties (Interfaith Food Pantry in Morris county, American Red Cross in Essex county and Community Food Bank in Union county)
- Special Thanksgiving Food Drive - offices are asked to donate a full Thanksgiving meal including the turkey
- Monetary donations to the food pantries can be made online at ncjar.com