New Jersey is no stranger to strong storms, but Tropical Storm Ida left a path of destruction most of the state had not seen since Superstorm Sandy. On Sept. 1, this deadly and historic storm spawned multiple tornados and catastrophic flooding throughout New Jersey.
Unprecedented flooding throughout New Jersey resulted in water rushing into homes causing widespread damage. In addition to tornado damage and flood waters, the rushing water caused homes to slide off of mountainsides.
Tropical Storm Ida is now one of New Jersey’s deadliest storms, claiming the lives of many.
Apply Now at https://relief.njrealtor.com/login
Type of Assistance
Assistance is available to qualified applicants towards one of the following options:
- Monthly mortgage expense for the primary residence that was damaged by Tropical Storm Ida Disaster or;
- Rental cost due to displacement from the primary residence resulting from the Tropical Storm Ida Disaster.
Relief assistance is limited to a maximum of $2,000 per applicant per household. Deadline for application submission is October 31, 2021.
Please note this assistance is for housing relief only; other expenses including second mortgages (home equity lines or loans), personal loans, hotel/motel expenses, clothing, appliances, equipment, vehicle purchase, rental or repair and or mileage are ineligible for reimbursement under this program.
Recipient must be a full-time resident and U.S. citizen or legally admitted for residence in the United States.
All information provided on this form will remain confidential and will be available only to those who need to confirm eligibility for assistance and to those who process the assistance to be provided. This includes providing a copy of this application to the applicant's lender or landlord, if requested. It will not be shared with other parties for any other purpose.
Disbursement of Funds
In order to provide for a reasonable and equitable distribution of funds, assistance will be provided on a first come, first serve basis. All grants are contingent upon the availability of funds. Grants will be jointly payable to applicant and mortgage lender or landlord.
Required for All Applicants
- Photo Identification to Show Proof of Residency [i.e.. driver's license or other governmental documentation evidencing residency]
- Copy of Mortgage Statement or Mortgage Payment Coupon or Rent Statement or Lease Agreement
One of the Following is Required to Show Proof of Damage to your Primary Residence:
- Photos of Damages
- Insurance Estimate
- Copies of Written Claims, Settlement Proceeds or Claim Status Reports
- Copies of Repair Estimates from Contractors