NCJAR’s RPAC Team Captains are raising awareness about RPAC! Last month, Bruce Shapiro, NJ Realtors® Director of RPAC and Regulatory Affairs and Thomas Duke, NCJAR’s RPAC liaison delivered a dynamic presentation on how RPAC supported YOUR BUSINESS in 2019 and how your continued involvement allows us to shape and define the size, scope, and success of our industry.
What has RPAC Done for You Lately?
- 13 Consecutive years without a tax or fee increase directly impacting real estate
- No Increase to the Realty Transfer Tax
- No tax on your commissions
- No seasonal rental tax
- Fought for the preservation of the independent contractor status in the real estate industry
- Opposed mandatory time-of-sale energy audits and energy efficiency upgrades
- No time-of-sale requirements relating to lead paint inspections
- Fought for the extension of the National Flood Insurance Program
- Helped Increase the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac loan limits in 2020
- Fought for the Return of mortgage debt forgiveness through the end of 2020
The Realtor® Political Action Committee is the voice of Realtors® on a local, state, and national level. It is the only political group in the nation organized FOR and BY Realtors®. RPAC exists solely to further issues important to Realtors®, private property owners and the real estate market.