Microsoft Windows XP, Server 2003 End of Life
As you may have heard, Microsoft has announced the retirement (End of Life) for Windows XP, Server 2003, and Office 2003 on April 8, 2014.
Some of the issues you may encounter if you have an XP system:
- Potential security risks to personal information
- Cannot use more secure and newer Internet Explorer
- Stuck on Internet Explorer 8, currently version 11
- End of Security update support and updates
- Windows will no longer update any fixes of known bugs
- Many newer products may require Windows 7 or newer
How to determine if you have an XP system:
- When you are logged into your computer, simply look at your START button (lower left corner) and if it has the word START, then this is most likely an XP computer.
What to do if you have an XP system:
- RJR Solutions is recommending that you upgrade/replace your computer with a Windows 7 or Windows 8 computer, PRIOR to April 2014.
Special NCJAR Member Benefits
- Fixed Fee Data Transfer: RJR Solutions is providing Active NCJAR Members special pricing to transfer your old computer data to your new one at a fixed-fee in-office rate of $110*.
- Secure Computer Recycling: Identity threat is a serious danger in today's world, so in addition to offering data transfer services, RJR Solutions provides secure data destruction for all recycled equipment. They also offer Certificates of Destruction if needed for insurance or peace of mind that your personal information is completely vaporized. For pricing and additional information, please click here.
*Based on single profile
RJR Solutions is located on the first floor of the NCJAR Morristown office at
910 Mount Kemble Avenue and can be reached at 973-425-0900.
Additional End of Life Resource Links